Last updated: January 7, 2017
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access or use the Site, the Applications, the Software, the Services or other features, functions, services or products and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect or may collect:
- In accessing and using the Site.
- In registering to use the Software and the Services.
- In accessing and using the Applications, the Software and the Services.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages sent or in use of any of the BIMVP Services.
- When you interact with other users of the BIMtrace Services.
- When you send any content on or through any of the BIMtrace Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
- Through services provided to us by third-party companies, agents or contractors.
- Through services provided to you by third party companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Pericept or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site, the Applications, the Software or the Services.
Minors under the Age of 18
None of the BIMtrace Services is intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on or through the Site, the Applications, the Software or the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the BIMtrace Services or any of its features or register on the Site or the Applications, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site, the Applications, the Software or the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about users of the Site, the Applications, the Software and the Services, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, mobile number and e-mail address (“personal information”);
- Financial and billing information;
- Analytics information;
- Information that is about you but does not identify you individually, such as IP address and date and time of visit;
- Information from your device, including contact information, and images and other information from your device’s camera and photos;
- Usage information, including how you communicate with other users of the BIMtrace Services, such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a note, a picture, the number of messages you exchange with other users, which users you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot);
- The location and time of collection of notes associated with the Software, the Services and the Photogrammetric Tool.
- The content you provide and information about that content, such as if the recipient has viewed the content, replayed the content, and the metadata that is provided with the content;
- Information contained in the comments and postings on or through the Applications or the Site;
- Device information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number);
- Location information when you use the Applications or the Site; and/or
- Information about your internet and mobile connections, or the equipment and operating system you use to access any BIMtrace Services.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Site, the Applications, the Software and the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, such as our customers, business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Certain web transactions may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
Personal Information Definition
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the use of the BIMtrace Services include or may include:
- Information that you provide by registering or filling in forms or applications on or through the Applications or the Site. This includes information provided in connection with registering to access and use the Applications, the Software and the Services posting notes, photos, comments and other information with respect to the Photogrammetric Tool or otherwise requesting further services or products. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Services, the Applications, the Software or the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys and questionnaires that we might ask you to complete for research and marketing purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out on or through any of the BIMtrace Services, including registration for the Software and the Services. You may be required to provide financial or payment information before being able to access the Software and the Services or other features and services available through the Applications or the Site.
- Your search queries on or through the Site, the Applications, the Software and or the Services.
You also may provide notes, pictures, audio and video recordings, text, data, information and other input or any other content linked, posted, and/or submitted by you or other users in connection with the Photogrammetric Tool to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on the Site or the Applications, or transmitted to other users of the BIMtrace Services or third parties (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Services, the Applications, the Software or the Site with whom your User Content is shared. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Services, the Applications, the Software or the Site, we use or may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your use of the Services, the Applications, the Software or the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, the time and location of collection and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services, the Applications, the Software or the Site.
- Information about your computer, mobile phone and other devices, internet and mobile connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Services, the Applications, the Software and the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Applications and the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Applications or the Site.
The technology that we currently use for this automatic data collection includes:
Do Not Track Policy
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services
We may use or partner with other third party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), including, billing and payments, relationship building, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. Many Services Providers have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by Pericept. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information.
The Service Providers may also transmit cookies to your computer or device, when you click on ads that appear on or through the BIMtrace Services. Also, if you click on a link to a third party website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you have left our Services, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your web browser.
Use of Remarketing with Google Analytics and Google AdWords
You can control how Google advertises to you through Ads Settings (www.google.com/settings/ads/authenticated) and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely.
We may use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future, you can opt out using Google Ads Settings or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page (www.networkadvertising.org/choices).
Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions on its website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you the Software, the Services and the Applications and the content and the other products and services that you request from us.
- To provide the Site and its contents to you.
- To process and complete transactions, including registration for the Software and Services, and to send you related information.
- To provide technical and other support to you.
- To send you promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers and events; and providing other news or information about us, our customers and our select partners. You have the ability to opt out of receiving any of these communications through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email.
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with our business and operations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Services, the Applications, the Software or the Site and other products and services we offer or provide though them.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on or through the Services, the Applications, the Software and/the Site.
- To personalize the services by, among other things, providing content or features that match user profiles, industry, interests, or previous activities.
- To enhance the safety and security of the BIMtrace Services.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To enable marketing, remarketing and similar services from Service Providers, including advertisement on third party websites.
- To perform targeted and other advertising on third party websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may store any information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or service providers. If you use the Services, the Applications, the Software or the Site outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by Pericept and you. By allowing Pericept to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Applications and the Site and view content faster.
We may also use your information for direct and indirect marketing regarding our own and third party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt-out as described below in Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Although users from all over the world may access the Site, the Applications, the Software and the Services, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our customers in connection with the Services.
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support our business, including credit card payment processors and marketing support.
- To a potential or actual buyer or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Pericept’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Pericept about users of the Site or the Applications is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pericept, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information.
Tracking Technologies and Advertising
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account profile page through the Site or the Applications.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Content from any of the BIMtrace Services (including any User Content stored in the cloud), copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Service, the Applications, the Software or the Site. Proper access and use of information provided on or through the Site, the Applications, the Software or the Services, including User Content, are governed by the Terms.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Applications or the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at: Pericept, Inc., 2121 E William J Bryan #3035, Bryan, TX 77805.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Pericept cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site and/or or the use of the Software or the Services and the Applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Applications or the Site. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Applications or the Site.
© 2017 Pericept, Inc.